Back by Popular demand, rooms with a little extra “something!”
For $100 you can move to a room on the 13th floor. That’s right, the DoubleTree has the 13th-floor and we have held every room….22 of them!
NEW for 2018 the Great 13th-floor decorating contest!
Upgrades are now only $100.00. Each room will compete in our first annual 13th floor decorating contest. There will be two categories. People’s Choice and the Board of Directors award. Prizes are yet to be determined. This year’s theme is 80’s Horror Films.
Get your upgrade and put your thinking caps on.
Your room will be given extra attention by our WCHC staff and you will be treated to visits by our WCHC “maintenance” guy, Nix, and his crew of creepy, crazy and faithful helpers!
You have your own bar! The 13th floor has a bar in the entrance Thursday and Friday nights. Drinking at this bar helps support the convention. All drinks purchased there help us raise money! As if you needed another reason to drink!
How it works:
You reserve a room at the DoubleTree Hotel for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the discount show rates. This upgrade option is only available to reservations for the entire weekend. You then purchase your upgrade on the convention registration page.
13th Floor Decoration Contest
Sponsored by Ghoul Gallery
The 9th Annual West Coast Haunters Convention is hosting a decorating contest for the inhabitants of the 13th floor. Judging will take place after the haunt tour. Be sure to have your decorations up before then. Two winners will be notified at the ball on Saturday night.
- Special Effects
- Overall Appearance
- Participation is open to all who purchase the 13th Floor upgrade.
- Decorations should be safe and not interfere with fire exits
- Do not use anything that could set off the fire alarm, including open flame and fog machines
- Decorations should be PG-13
- Participants should ensure that all decorations are in place and activated during judging hours.
- Rooms must be open during judging times to be considered
- Employees of the WCHC are not eligible to participate
- Judging criteria will be based on creativity, arrangement, special effects, and overall appearance
- Judging will take place during after the haunt tour.
- Winners will be announced at the ball
- Two prizes will be awarded: Board Choice (a gift basket from Ghoul Gallery and a fancy plaque) and People’s Choice (a gift from Ghoul Gallery and a fancy plaque)
- Every room will receive a voting ballot to vote for their favorite room. Ballet box will be at the 13th Floor Bar.
- Creativity and collaboration are the primary contest criteria. This contest is about spirit. Decorations can include lights, posters, folk art –you name it.
- Be creative, be festive, have fun!